Designed by Richard Launius, the creator of Arkham Horror, the Grave Consequences expansion for Elder Sign introduces fifty new cards in three modular decks: Phobia, Epic Battle, and Epitaph.
- Phobia cards give investigators lasting negative effects.
- Epitaph cards build a tiny graveyard for the fallen.
- Epic Battle cards ramp up the difficulty and danger when battling the Ancient One.
These decks and their cards can be used together or separately, and they're all fully compatible with the core game, as well as all of its expansions. Whether you use one deck, or all of them, you'll find they increase the challenge and drama of your Elder Sign adventure. Even more, they'll immerse you more deeply into its world and help you connect more fully to the investigator that you're playing.
1 to 8 Players
Ages 14 and above
1 to 2 Hours
Jenny rounded the corner and entered the Egyptian exhibit. First, she caught sight of the mummies on display and the ankh symbols in their glass cases. Then she saw the nimbus of light glinting off the golden pharaoh's mask. It was as if a dagger had cut through her mind. Something about that golden mask struck her. Suddenly, she was back in front of the dreadful yellow sign and that gibbous, jaundiced creature. She felt her stomach sink. She couldn't see a clear danger, but she knew-somehow, to the core of her being-she was surrounded by the most terrifying of evils. Her mind reeled. Her heart raced. She couldn't breathe...
Phobias, Epitaphs, and Epic Battles
The cards from Grave Consequences are divided into three modular decks: Phobia, Epic Battle, and Epitaph. These decks and their cards can be used together or separately, and they're all fully compatible with the core game, as well as all of its expansions.
- Phobia cards give new meaning to the sanity-draining challenges of Elder Sign, eating away at your mental health every time their triggers are met. To the external challenges presented by monsters, cultists, and otherworldly terrors, Phobias add a compelling, new internal dimension.
- Epitaph cards ensure that your fallen investigator's contributions will be remembered-whether for good or for ill. Marked by the tombstone on their backs, these cards introduce random effects whenever an investigator is devoured. Your Epitaph may heal the investigators' sanity and stamina, or it may lead monsters onto their trail.
- Epic Battle cards greatly amplify the difficulty and danger of your battles with any of the game's Ancient Ones. Each round, they exert the Ancient One's chaotic influence over the battle, warping your reality and altering the rules, changing the order in which you attack, and adding new measures of surprise and horror.
Whether you incorporate one, two, or all three of these modular decks into your games, you'll find the psychological and supernatural aspects of Arkham and Elder Sign brought to life more fully than ever before. You'll feel more of your investigator's angst and anxiety. You'll travel through a world forever changed by the lives of those who perish. And you'll experience the true, awesome power of the elder gods.
All the Madness of Your Own Personal Blockbuster
Pyschological thriller? Epic monster flick? Or both? Take your games of Elder Sign to new, deeper dimensions of peril, Paranoia, and immersive gameplay experiences with the Grave Consequences expansion by Richard Launius.
Fully compatible with the Core Set and each expansion, Grave Consequences adds new twists, new trials, and new terrors to the classic Elder Sign experience. Pick up your copy today and lose yourself to the madness!