- 1 Cut Signature card per pack, 1 pack per box, 5 boxes per case
- Look for the best players from the 1950s and 1960s with Mantle, Clemente, Campanella, Paige, T. Williams, Koufax, J. Robinson, Maris, DiMaggio, Fox, Mays and Aaron.
- All cards are numbered to 24 or less with the exception of Mickey Mantle who has 25 cards in each of the two series - (1) Mantle auto every (25) boxes
- There are no 1-of-1 cards so all players will be found multiple times within the specific series, for example there are (4) Roberto Clemente cards (2 in each series)
- All cards will be authenticated and encapsulated by PSA/DNA surrounded by a unique Historic Autographs artwork design!
- Only 250 numbered cases!
By most accounts, the Fifties was the greatest decade in baseball history. The game had truly become the National Pastime in 1947 when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier. At the start of the decade, Negro League stars could be found on almost every team. The game finally made it to the West Coast and television brought the game to millions of fans that had never seen a pitch. Historic Autographs is proud to announce the release of The Decades - 1950s & 1960s.
This extremely limited product is available in 10-box cases. Each 10-box case will include (2) 5-box interior cases; (1) 5-box case of the 1950s and (1) 5-box case of the 1960s. Each series - the 1950s or the 1960s - will have its own checklist, artwork and individual superstars. Some stars may be found in both series such as Roberto Clemente, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Sandy Koufax and Nellie Fox but Jackie Robinson, Joe DiMaggio, Satchel Paige and Roy Campanella only appear in the 1950s boxes while Roger Maris, Elston Howard, Nolan Ryan, Reggie Jackson, Ken Boyer, Norm Cash and Tony Conigliaro only appear in the 1960s. Each series checklist includes more than 50% Hall of Famers and the subsequent stars are some of the tougher autographs from their respective decade.
This fantastic release incorporates nearly all Hall of Famers that appeared in some capacity. The 100-card set features HOF players, managers, coaches, umpires and executives plus every MVP, Cy Young Award Winner and the League Leaders in the Triple Crown categories for both batting and pitching. The 100-card set is numbered (in alphabetical order) #1 Hank Aaron, #2 Walter Alston, #3 Sparky Anderson, etc as well as being limited to less than 24 each. The only exception is Mickey Mantle (who has 25 examples in each series). Simply put, there are more Mickey Mantle cards than any other player in the series - at a rate of (1) Mantle autograph per (5) cases.
Historic Autographs has enlisted the aid of artist Eric Ayers - the artist that painted the artwork for our Legends of the Hall series - who is working on two separate designs. The artwork and boxes will be distinct for each series. Our goal at Historic Autographs is to produce an affordable cut signature product that is enjoyable to the consumer as much as it is profitable to the distributors. HA will stay dedicated to making our cut signature/index card products loaded with Hall of Famers but also affordable at every level from the distributor to the customer.