Reed Kasaoka is the head buyer of the Sports Division at Dave & Adam's. His primary responsibility is traveling all over the country, buying private collections out of people’s closets, bedrooms, attics, basements, garages, and storage units, as well as complete inventories of show dealers, shop owners, autograph dealers, and distributors. Reed comes up with some amazing finds – rarely seen unopened boxes, quality graded cards, certified autographed memorabilia, and much more.
We have tagged all of his acquisitions as a Reed Buy so you’ll know where to look first for all of his deals. Almost every item is “one-of-a-kind” – so when you see something interesting, don’t hesitate, because there are likely many other collectors who are thinking the exact same thing!
500 Rookies and Veterans showcased on the 1962 Topps Baseball wood grain design!
Key Rookies: Aroldis Chapman, Chris Sale, Jeremy Hellickson, Pedro Ciriaco, Jake McGee, Ozzie Martinez, Chris Valaika, Jordan Brown, Freddie Freeman,Alex Presley, Brandon Snyder, Kyle Drabek, Hank Conger, Jordan Walden, Desmond Jennings, Mark Trumbo, Jarrod Dyson, Brent Morel, Ben Revere, Brian Bogusevic, Andrew Romine, Lars Anderson, Eduardo Nunez, Bobby Cramer, Yonder Alonso, Justin James, Greg Halman.
BASE CARDS: (500) - 425 of the game's best players on the 1962 Topps Baseball card design!
- Rookies, Veterans, Legends (425)
- World Series Highlights (6)
- Combos (11)
- League Leaders (4)
- Sporting News All-Stars (24)
- Team cards (18)
- Rookie Parade (8)
- In Action (9)
- Short Prints (75) - high numbered
NEW! '62 MINT: (20 total cards) - Hobby Exclusive! 1 Per Hobby CASE!
20 money players appear on these cards featuring an event from 1962 along with a coin minted in 1962 in the following variations:
- Silver Dollar - Hall of Fame Induction
- Quarter - Baseball Highlight
- Dime - Personal History
- Nickel - Rookie Debut
- Penny - Happy Birthday
- Topps Stamps - Over 180 current players highlighted in a stamp format on framed cards. Each card contains two stamps featuring 2 players and is numbered to 62.
- Buyback Topps Stamps - Original 1962 Topps player stamps, newly framed and randomly inserted into packs. Hobby Exclusive!
CHROME PARALLEL CARDS: (300 total cards)
- Black-Bordered (100) numbered to 62
- Refractor (100) numbered to 562
- Chrome (100) numbered to 1962
AUTOGRAPHED RELIC CARDS: (20) - One Autographed or Relic Card Per Box!
- Flashback Stadium Relics - 5 subjects will autograph 25 relic cards commemorating achievements from the 1962 season. Hand numbered to 25!
- Clubhouse Collection Relics - 10 cards showcasing a bat or uniform memento are autographed by active and retired players. Hand numbered to 25!
- Clubhouse Collection Dual - 5 cards showcasing on-card autographs from a retired and active player from the same franchise along with a relic piece. Hand numbered to 10 - Hobby Exclusive!
AUTOGRAPHED CARDS: - One Autographed or Relic Card Per Box! All Autographs Signed Directly On Each Card!
- Real One - On card signatures from players who last appeared on a Topps Card in 1962 as well as signatures from additional 1962 stars and current stand-outs.
- Real One Special Edition - The subjects above will on-card sign 62 cards in red ink. Hand numbered to 61-Hobby Exclusive!
- Real One Dual Autographs - 10 cards featuring an active and retired player with their on-card signatures. Hand numbered to 25 - Hobby Exclusive!
- Flashbacks - 5 baseball legends directly sign their name to 25 cards, each featuring a highlight from their 1962 season. Hand numbered to 25
- 1962 Cut Signatures - Cut signatures from Mickey Mantle and other legends. #'d 1 of 1!
- New! 60th Anniversary - Sixty players past and present have signed these cards along with an additional inscription wishing Topps a "Happy 60th!" All autographs and inscriptions are signed directly on each numbered to 60 card. At least three players' cards will be inserted into each baseball product throughout 2011.
RELIC- CARDS: - One Relic or Autographed Card per Box!
- Clubhouse Collection - Over 40 active pros and retired stars from 1962 are featured with bat or jersey relic pieces.
- Clubhouse Collection Dual - 5 cards featuring a player from 1962 matched with a current player from the same team each with a relic. Hand numbered to 61
- Flashbacks - 10 cards paying tribute to a player's memorable highlight from 1062, and featuring a relic piece from the venue in which it occurred.
- Dual Flashbacks - 5 cards featuring 2 players from rival teams, their respective highlights from the 1962 season, and 2 stadium relic pieces from which they occurred. Hand numbered to 10
INSERT CARDS: (45 total cards) 6 PER BOX!
- New Age Performers - 15 players whose performances have surpassed the giants of the past.
- Then and Now - 10 cards featuring statistical comparisons between today's stars with legends from 1962.
- Baseball Flashbacks - 10 memorable baseball highlights from 1962.
- News Flashbacks - 10 cards commemorating major news stories from 1962.
BOX LOADER: - HOBBY EXCLUSIVE!
- NEW! Baseball Bucks - 96 outstanding players featured on mock currency of varying denominations. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Advertising Panels and Topps Stamp Album.
- Advertising Panels - Featuring parallel cards as a 3-card strip. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Topps Stamp Album and Baseball Bucks.
- Topps Stamp Album - Each of these 30 over-sized cards mimic a page from the original 1962 Topps Stamp Album and feature reproduction player stamps. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Advertising Panels and Baseball Bucks.
- 1962 Topps Originals - Original cards from 1962 inserted and stamped in 1-card penny packs. 1 in every 2 Boxes!
24 packs per box, 9 cards per pack
What is a "Reed Buy"?
Reed Kasaoka is the head buyer of the Sports Division at Dave & Adam's. His primary
responsibility is traveling all over the country, buying private collections out of people's closets, bedrooms, attics, basements, garages, and storage units, as well as complete inventories of show dealers, shop owners, autograph dealers, and distributors. Reed comes up with some amazing finds - rarely seen unopened boxes, quality graded cards, certified autographed memorabilia, and much more.
We have tagged all of his acquisitions as a "Reed Buy" so you'll know where to look first for all of his deals. Almost every item is "one-of-a-kind" - so when you see something interesting, don't hesitate, because there are likely many other collectors who are thinking the exact same thing!