By David Yarger
Co-Host “The Chase”
Wednesday morning, “The Chase” crew got to sit down with Sean Cummins, Director of Breaking at Dave & Adam’s Card World, regarding a huge upcoming break.
In the spirit of kicking off the football season on the right foot, DACW is hosting a huge four case random team super VIP break.
Cummins gave a bit of insight to what the crew would be breaking, in addition to more details, including a huge, to say the least, giveaway.
The four football cases include 2021 Panini Eminence, 2021 Panini Flawless, 2021 Panini National Treasures and 2021 Panini Select. But in addition to all the great cards possible, one of the 32 members of the break will have a chance to go home with tickets to the big game that’s on Sunday, Feb. 12, 2023.
Cummins said the idea sparked as the return of football became closer and closer. As time went on, the idea only gained momentum and grew to a bigger spectrum.
“So we started with an Eminence case and we were gonna start with just this. We were going to do Eminence, we were going to do this break, then Pat, up front, and I started to talk and we said ‘You know, what could we do to make this a little bit better of a break.’ How could we up the ante?” Cummins said. “So, Select had just come out, so let’s do that. So let’s add Select to that. Not too shabby right? … Then, Adam was hearing it and Adam was like, ‘Nah, it’s gotta be bigger, gotta be better.’ So, I was like alright, let’s check the inventory.
“I came up with three ideas. Adam said pick No. 2, No. 1 and No. 3 don’t matter. So then we got a Flawless case. So, alright, let’s keep rolling. These are all 2021 products. Then Adam asked what was the fourth one. … So I was like, we have to go (National) Treasures.”
And if the break wasn’t already big enough, Cummins said Adam decided to make it even larger with the big game tickets.
The tickets have over $12,000 worth of value and are located in section 452, row seven. These include an unmatched pregame party at the Touchdown Club with live music, full bar, tailgating delights, photo opportunities and more. Only thing the lucky winner must do is find a way to the game and somewhere to stay.
Additionally, if the winner can not make it to said game, the tickets are fully transferable, meaning you can give them to someone else or sell them.
Furthermore, a little info on products that will be broken:
- Every Eminence box contains nine autographs and one additional card. Every card is numbered to 10 or less and displayed in a magnetic, one-touch holder, where all cards are either signed on-card, feature diamonds, precious metal, or a cut signature from iconic figures.
- Each Flawless box contains six autos, one or two gem cards and two to three memorabilia cards. All cards are numbered to 25 or less, and all autos are on card or cut autos.
- Each National Treasures box contains three autos, three memorabilia cards, one base/insert and one base/insert parallel. Most boxes will deliver extra auto and mem cards.
- Lastly, Select features two autographs, one memorabilia card, ten silver prizms, five other prizms, and six inserts. Each case contains one SSP zebra parallel. Additionally for this year, extended rookie class cards (XRC) are live.
“Along the same lines, we did that Diamond (Icons) break with the diamond, and we said ‘We gotta keep doing these things.’ What are things that we can provide to the customers that they don’t find anywhere else? So, we decided ‘let’s do it.’ Kickoff to the season, we’re doing it on Tuesday at 6:37 p.m.,” Cummins said.
As Cummins said, the super VIP break will take place at 6:37 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Sept. 6.
After each case, names will be randomized, so those in the break won’t end up with the same team throughout.
“It’s really like you’re buying into four separate group breaks. We are going to re-random the customer names and teams after each case. So you will not be stuck with the same team throughout the whole thing. So that’s something to keep in mind when you’re thinking about getting this. We wanted to do that for everybody, so if you’re a fan of one team or another, you have an opportunity or if you don’t like a certain team, you don’t get stuck with them throughout the whole thing,” Cummins said.
Now don’t go along thinking you can just buy all 32 spots. Cummins reminded everyone that there is a five spot per person limit. For a $3,000 spot in the break, not only does the customer have a shot at incredible cards, but also a 1/32 chance at the big game tickets!
Cummins added, it’s the biggest break he’s seen and it’s “probably the biggest break that I’ve been a part of, because you have Treasures, Flawless, Eminence – those are three of the biggest football products coming out. And Select is current, it’s new, it’s now, there’s a lot of cool stuff in it. And then the tickets. I mean that’s a huge, probably the biggest, giveaway possible.”
To get your spot and get more info on the upcoming break, visit the DACW website.
Also on “The Chase” …
- “The Chase” crew had another box rip giveaway, ripping the new release of 2022 Luminance Football. Each box contains three autographs and one memorabilia card and that’s exactly what we got on the show. The autos were all rookies – Tyler Allgeier, Jeremy Ruckert and Logan Hall – while the memorabilia card was a jersey patch of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. Amongst those, the pulls included numbered cards of rookies Chris Olave and Aidan Hutchinson, as well as veterans such as Kirk Cousins, TJ Watt, Jonathan Taylor. To win all these cards, comment on the YouTube video who you feel will score the most fantasy points in this upcoming NFL season. A winner will be announced on Friday’s episode.
- For more information on everything Dave & Adam’s Card World related, visit dacardworld.com or visit all the social media platforms here.