The 41st National Sports Collectors Convention is almost here! With this year’s convention slated to have double the normal attendance than in previous years, collectors and corporate sponsors are ready for the week ahead after having a year off from festivities at the National.
NSCCshow.com says, “The National is an annual gathering of collectors, dealers and any other groups interested in collecting trading cards, autographs and other related memorabilia. The National is the event with the strongest tradition, best autograph guests, largest roster of dealers of vintage and new collectibles and the biggest selection of cards and memorabilia all under one roof.”
Speaking of the largest roster of dealers, below is a list of big names at The National this year and their booth promotions! (To be updated when more information becomes available.)
Panini has put their best foot forward after a year away with a flurry of activities from the time the doors open to when they close. Lets go through the List:
- National VIP Party: Panini will not be holding their VIP Party at the NSCC this year. BUT, it will happen this year, just at a later date.
- Silver Packs: Show-goers can expect limited Silver Pack redemptions each day of the show while daily supplies last. Only boxes purchased from Panini Authorized Show Dealers, Dave & Adam’s being one of them, are eligible for the Silver Pack redemptions. There will be a max of three boxes per person per transaction and full-case redemptions will not be allowed. Product Breakdown for this year is:
|2020-21 Prizm Premier League Soccer Mega Box||1|
|2020-21 Court Kings Basketball International Blaster||1|
|2021 Absolute Baseball Hobby Box||1|
|2021 UFC Prizm Retail Box||2|
|2020 Chronicles Football Mega Box||1|
- Box Wars: They are back and the prizes are bigger than ever! Some of the randomly rewarded prizes this year include: 2021 Panini Black, 2020 Immaculate Football, 2020 Panini One Football, 2019-20 Panini One Basketball, 2020-21 Impeccable Basketball, 2020 Optic Football, 2019-20 Prizm Choice Basketball, 2021 UFC Prizm, and more! You can find the box war schedule here.
- Kids FREE Case Breaks: Absolutely free and wildly popular, the Panini America Kids Case Breaks returns in 2021. Spearheaded by Ultimate Box Breaks’ Bryan Gavin, beginning Thursday, Panini America will host two Free Kids Case Breaks per day. Open to kids 12 and under. Kids that want to participate must register at the booth each morning at 10a.m. CST. The schedule can be found here.
- Kids Crate: Panini America’s highly anticipated Kids Crate program is being finalized as you read this, but just know complete details are forthcoming (in a matter of days) and you might just see Series 1 and the 2021 National Sports Collectors Convention.
- Live Redemption Trade-Up Program: Panini America Customer Service officials will be onsite in Chicago to operate this major attraction. Back by popular demand, this initiative will afford those collectors in attendance holding outstanding redemption cards four months old or older and already pending in the Panini America redemption system the opportunity to trade them in for a card or cards of higher value (while supplies last). In addition to cards, Panini America officials also will be offering Rewards points cards in trade-out as well as a small number of the highly coveted Panini Black Boxes. In order to help expedite the process, collectors participating in the Panini America Redemption Trade-Up program are encouraged to bring with them printouts from the Panini America Website of the outstanding redemptions they want to have replaced at the National. A Customer Service team member onsite will verify the outstanding redemptions as well as their values before completing the replacement process.
The team at PSA is happy to announce that the industry’s leading card grading company will once again be at the National Sports Collectors Convention. PSA booth #1531 will be offering the following services:
- On-site authentication, gradings and encapsulation for all cards including crossovers, reviews and dual-service. (NOTE: They will not be accepting submissions of tickets, packs, coins or pins.)
- PSA is requiring collectors to us the online submission center to place their orders prior to visiting the booth.
- Note that PSA will not be accepting drop-off submissions for any take-home service levels. Every submission has to be received, graded and returned to customers at the venue.
- On-site card grading fees will start at $250 per card.
- “End of Show” orders must be in by Saturday, July 31 at 12 noon CDT for same-day service.
- PSA will be giving away 50 FREE “GEM-MT 10” gray T-shirts each day of the show, so head over to booth #1531 for yours!
- $10 “Show Signer” discounted rate for autograph authentication of items signed at the show.
- Other great discounts available. For more information head to www.PSAcard.com/National
Beckett Grading & Authentication Services:
- Full on-site card grading and autograph authentication services.
- New Beckett Shield protective products on hand for purchase.
- More information will be added when it becomes available.
Upper Deck will not be exhibiting at the National this year, but they are excited to engage with fans at the event. They will still have a variety of activities worth checking out. What to expect:
- VIP Gift Bags – VIP attendees will be able to score limited-edition UD breaking mats in their gift bags.
- Upper Deck Black Packs – Collectors making purchases on the box level from Certified Diamond Dealers in attendance (Yes, that means Dave & Adam’s!) are eligible for these promotional packs from the dealer’s booth. They will be available while supplies last. Regular packs contain (on average), 2 Top Shelf NHL Rookie Cards and 2 Prominent Cut Cards. Select packs will have a 5th card, which can be either a Prominent Cuts Auto, Top Shelf Rookie Auto or Draft Retrospective cards.
- New Upper Deck Shirts – Fans will be able to get some of these shirts via a raffle at the GTS Distribution booth on Friday night.
- Thursday Main Stage Programming – Upper Deck will be sharing big announcements and hosting free box breaks on Thursday from 3-4p. Make sure to be there right at the start for your chance to get in on the FREE break!
- Welcome Raffle– Upper Deck will be running a FREE welcome raffle for fans at the GTS Distribution booth on Friday at 3:30pm. You must be present to win. Fans in attendance can win promotional items, cards, signed memorabilia and sealed boxes. Tickets will be distributed a half hour before the raffle.
- Expired Redemption Raffle – Head to the GTS booth on Saturday at 11am for Upper Deck’s Expired Redemption Raffle. Fans can submit expired autograph redemption cards with the scratch off codes (unscratched) from UD products on Friday and Saturday morning of the show for the draw on Saturday. The cards will be available to pick up on Saturday with a state issued ID. If you cannot pickup, they will be mailed to you after the show.