Each box contains (1) Cut Signature Card!
For the first time, Historic Autographs is instituting a BUYBACK program, wherein special BUYBACK cards will be inserted with select autographs detailing how to sell the card back to Historic Autographs (if the customer so desires) - thus setting a baseline for "values" on the open market (most BUYBACK cards will include rarities and notable Hall of Famers so that the person opening the box can benefit from pulling players such as Pat Malone, Everett Scott, Marv Gudat, Jack Quinn, Sam Agnew and Sam Zoldak as well as Babe Ruth, Jimmie Foxx, Roger Maris and others).
Look for the top 20 players from these Championship teams (with the noted exception of the 1918 Boston Red Sox which has the starting 8 and utility man by ABs, the top 4 pitchers by IP and manager Ed Barrow; Babe Ruth is included twice in this set as both a pitcher and hitter).
Each championship team set is registered on the PSA/DNA Set Registry so teams can be collected and cataloged individually.
All cards are numbered to 25 or less each two having at least (2) complete sets available.
There are no 1-of-1 cards so all players will be found multiple times within the specific series, so players on multiple championship teams are included multiple times within each series such as Mickey Cochrane, Carl Yastrzemski and Steve Carlton
All cards will be authenticated, numerically graded and encapsulated by PSA/DNA surrounded by a unique Historic Autographs artwork design!
The Championship Series contains (18) different heralded teams that won either the World Series or their league championship. Each team includesthe top (13) top position players (using At Bats), the top (6) pitchers (using Innings Pitched) and the manager at the end of the season. The exception is the 1918 Boston Red Sox which includes the top (10) hitters by At Bats, the top (4) pitchers by Innings Pitched and manager Ed Barrow.
Midwest Region champions:
- 1932 Chicago (key players include Kiki Cuyler, Pat Malone & Gabby Hartnett)
- 1935 Detroit (key players include Hank Greenberg, Mickey Cochrane & Goose Goslin)
- 1942 St Louis (key players include Stan Musial, Mort Cooper & Billy Southworth)
- 1948 Cleveland (key players include Joe Gordon, Walter Judnich & Sam Zoldak)
- 1959 Chicago (key players include Nellie Fox, Norm Cash & Luis Aparicio)
- 1967 St Louis (key players include Roger Maris, Curt Flood & Lou Brock)
- 1971 Pittsburgh (key players include Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell & Bob Moose)
- 1975 Cincinnati (key players include Johnny Bench, Pete Rose & Sparky Anderson)