Blog Homepage \ Sports Card News and New Products \ Big Day for New Releases!
It’s a big day for new products, with 3 new sports card boxes hitting shelves today. Topps comes in with 2012 Topps Platinum Football as well as 2012 Topps Heritage Minor League Baseball, and Panini releases 2012 Panini Momentum Football.
Here’s some quick details on the products. For complete product information and preview images, click the product titles:
2012 Topps Platinum Football
Each box contains 2 Autographed Rookie Cards, 1 Autographed Rookie Refractor Patch Card, 1 Black Refractor Rookie Parallel Card, and 1 Platinum Die Cut Rookie Card!
Topps has also posted some preview images leading up to the release, including these beauties from Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III.
2012 Topps Heritage Minor League Baseball
Each box contains 2 Autograph Cards and 1 Relic Card. You can also pull redemption cards for game-used items from minor league players. Topps is also running one of the most interesting and fun hobby promotions in a long time with the “Make Your Pro Debut” promotion. Here’s the details on what would happen if you are the lucky collector to “Make Your Pro Debut”.
From Topps Twitter Account @ToppsCards
Topps will offer a lucky fan the once-in-a-lifetime experience of being a pro player for a day with the Corpus Christi Hooks during the 2013 season, and have their own baseball card in 2013 Topps Pro Debut.
Become a pro player for a day with the Corpus Christi Hooks and have your very own baseball card offered in next year’s Topps Pro Debut release. Plus, you will have the chance to meet and spend time with current owner and Hall-of-Famer, Nolan Ryan! Here are some of the other highlights of your contract:
- Press conference & photo ops to announce winner and sign a one-day contract
- Locker in the Corpus Christi clubhouse (or auxiliary for female winner)
- A complete uniform (cap, jersey, pants, socks, spikes)
- Equipment (Wilson glove, Louisville Slugger bat, Franklin batting glove, Rawlings helmet)
- Pre-game warm-up/stretches with team
- Pre-game batting practice
- Shag fly balls in outfield
- Post-BP snacks in Clubhouse
- Present lineup with Manager
- Ceremonial first pitch
- Spend time in broadcast booth and be interviewed by broadcaster
- Spend time (with your guest) in the owner’s suite with Hooks owner and baseball legend Nolan Ryan
- Post-game meal with team
- Presented with official dugout lineup card after game
- Winner will have their very own “Pro Debut” trading card featured in the 2013 Topps Pro Debut release
2012 Panini Momentum Football
Every box contains 1 Momentum Rookie Signatures RPS Card, 3 or 4 Rookie Autographs, and 5 or 6 Memorabilia Cards!
You can also check out the Teaser Box Break Gallery on the Panini America Blog .
We know we’ll be seeing a lot of these boxes move through our hobby shops and shipping department today!