Call Now: 1-888-440-9787  Monday - Friday 9 am - 7 pm, Saturday 12 pm - 5 pm EST

What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

DACWPullsBlog-Long

We love seeing our customers pull awesome cards. Whether it’s a rare autograph or something they’ve been wanting for their pc, it doesn’t get much better than excited customers, especially if we helped them to further enjoy the hobby.

Many customers share their pulls with us via email (collecting@dacardworld.com), at the Dacardworld facebook page, at the Dacardworld Google + Page, and on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #dacwpulls.

Every Friday we like to feature a few of the hits that have been submitted throughout the week right here on our blog. Tomorrow will be no different as we have some awesome cards to show off.

Today we wanted to give you a chance to share your “best pull” of all time and give a randomly selected winner a $50 Gift Certificate in the process.

Here’s how to enter:

Comment on this blog post with your “best pull” of all time (doesn’t have to be from us), as well as why it was the best – maybe it was obvious that the card is crazy valuable, or maybe it was your favorite player.

We’ll select a winner at random tomorrow afternoon, who will then receive a $50 gift certificate for Dacardworld.com

And for our customers – don’t forget to keep sharing your #dacwpulls as we often times hook up those who share their pulls from Dacardworld purchases with gift certificates.

And the winner is…

Thank you to everyone who told us what the Best Card They Ever Pulled was. There were some great stories submitted on our blog and we loved reading them all. Congratulations to David H. who was randomly chosen as the winner!

Dave and Adam's Card World

About Dave and Adam's Card World

Dave and Adam's Card World is one of the largest sellers of trading cards and collectibles in the world. Located just outside of Buffalo NY, the company operates five retail stores as well as the e-commerce website www.dacardworld.com

282 Responses to What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

1. Josh February 22, 2013 at 3:01 am #

Pulled a 1 of 4 Relic Auto Marshawn lynch out of 2008 topps Triple Threads

2. Jay Bunn February 22, 2013 at 3:11 am #

I was bored one day and went to Wal-Mart to pass some time. As I alway’s do, I checked out the random assortment of sports cards they had that day. I stumbled across two boxes (sealed) of 2005 Upper Deck Classics Baseball. After opening the second box I thought it was per the norm, some nice cards yet no real “monster” pull. With three packs to go, there it was, a #5 of 5 Joe Dimaggio Cut Signature card. I was elated to say the least. Unfortunately, about two years later my card came up missing, stolen, along with a few others. I have never pulled anything of that caliber since. So, if you happen to come across a 2005 Upper Deck Classics #’d 5 of 5 Joe Dimaggio Cut Signature Card, know it’s original owner still feels that loss to this today.

3. Eric Naylor February 22, 2013 at 4:01 am #

Pulled a Michael Jordan Autograph from you about 2yrs ago, on card Auto!! Loved it

4. Steve Mardekian February 22, 2013 at 6:49 am #

My “best pull” of all-time was a 1994-1995 Upper Deck Basketball Collector’s Choice Gold Signature #23 Michael Jordan. I only spent about $1 for the pack of cards, and the card was worth around $200 at the time. It was in perfect condition too! I think it was my best pull just because it was so valuable.

5. Marcus February 22, 2013 at 7:08 am #

My best pull so far: 2005 UD Portraits Signature Portraits 8×10 #SP22 Brett Favre …

6. C David February 22, 2013 at 7:55 am #

While it might not be the most valuable, a signed John DeLancie card from Rittenhouse’s Star Trek line was the best thing I’ve ever pulled. Q was always a favorite character of mine, and the only Star Trek figure I had on display for a long time.

7. lazaro moya February 22, 2013 at 8:43 am #

My best pull all time is from a case i bought from you guys its a colin kapernick auto logo patch # to only /25. Thanks

8. Thomas Ciapponi February 22, 2013 at 9:47 am #

Not sure of the year but I pulled a Nolan Ryan sweet spots card with a piece of the ball.

9. Brian Morrison February 22, 2013 at 10:18 am #

When Lebron James was drafted I knew he was going to be great. When 03-04 Ud Sp Game Used came out I picked up a couple boxes. I was lucky enough to pull the Lebron James Rookie Exclusives auto numbered to 100. I just stared at the card in shock, a truly awesome moment. The card shop owner took my picture with the card and each time I go back to the store I smile when I look up at the photo on the wall.

10. matt m February 22, 2013 at 10:29 am #

Went to my local toys r us and bought a 5 dollar rack pack of Bowman platinum..pulled a mike trout rookie refractor autograph”

11. Ive VW February 22, 2013 at 12:08 pm #

I pulled an autographed Michael Jordan Fleer RC numbered to 23 from a box of 06-07 E-X. It was a redemption and it didn’t say on the redemption card that it was this card, just that it was a Jordan autograph buyback. When the card was delivered via FedEx, I made a video of me opening the envelop and posted it on youtube. Considering the value, this is without any doubt the best card I ever pulled, and on top of that it’s from one of mychildhood idols. I think the box of came from dacardworld, but I got it through a guy on a forum selling self made packs who had it on his shelf for months. He’s still kicking himself for not opening that one ;-)

12. jackson myers February 22, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

2012 elite football Andrew luck rookie inscriptions auto

13. David Moya February 22, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

My biggest pull was a 2008 bowman draft Buster Posey prospect auto. When the box was still $60.

14. Edward Miller February 22, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

Every year when I would get my income tax refund I would go to the card shop in the city I used to live inand would buy a couple boxes…It was Ovechkins rookie year and I purchased a box of Fleer Ultra hockey, I pulled an Ovehkin Gold Medallion rc…

15. Edward Hudock February 22, 2013 at 2:31 pm #

My “best pull” was last Saturday. I had just gotten my first paycheck in quite a while, life had been rough. I thought I’d rewardy self do I went to my LCS and bought a box of 2012 topps magic football. I was a little disappointed with my box until the last pack when I pulled a Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, and Justin Blackmon Triple Magic autograph redemption serial numbered to /25. Good thing too becsuse 3 days later I got laid off from work again. That card should equal about 1 paycheck at least.

16. Mike Yaufman February 22, 2013 at 2:31 pm #

2012 Leaf Ultimate Draft Inscriptions Robert Griffin III autograph 20/25. Signed with “Heisman 2011″.

17. MattColony February 22, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

Best card I ever pulled was out of a pack of 2008 Topps Heritage baseball. I never buy baseball, but I was in my local 7-11 and the guy had just put out a plastic gravity feed of different baseball card set along with some Soccer and racing. i bought a pack of the Heritage on a whim and opened it sitting in my truck gettign ready to leave. inside was a Mickey Mantle/Alex Rodriguez Dual Clubhouse collection Relic. BOTH with pin striping. Easily the best card Ive pulled and it was out of a retail pack at 7-11. Next day i bought a pack of soccer and hit a Kasey keller auto /25. Needless to say I havent pulled anything good soince from 7-11 lol.

18. Mark Giorgio February 22, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

I pulled a great Michael Jordan dual jersey autographed card numbered to 23 out of one of the box topper packs. Couldn’t get much better than that at the time.

19. joe cullen February 22, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

05-06 ud update redemption for card #276 Crosby dual auto rookie ,called ud then they said i had gotten one of 8 redemptions for #d to 23,Wow to say the least.

20. Ian Lewellin February 22, 2013 at 5:33 pm #

Maybe not quite the best but most useful pull was in 2008 SP Authentic Football Peyton Manning future watch. I ended up selling it on ebay the next season for $400 and used the money to go to spring break and saw some sweet ladies…

21. CurtBergan February 23, 2013 at 2:06 pm #

2012 Strata Russell Wilson rookie die cut auto 4/5.

22. Dale Parks February 23, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

Well this may may be odd for everybody to understand because I pulled my favorite card 42 years ago in a 71-72 OPC pack. I remember it like yesterday buying 10 packs for a buck and pulling a Ken Dryden rookie card #45 He was the hero and Conn Smyth winner of the play offs and it was his first card. I still have it today proudly displayed with all my other Ken Dryden cards…..I have loved this hobby ever since….Sorry not a game used or auto or a 1 of 1 but a card that was part of a set and a true rookie card.

23. wil007 February 24, 2013 at 12:48 am #

It a A.J Green autograph card from a 2011 score box

24. ChrisA February 25, 2013 at 8:07 am #

I ordered a box of Titanium and Luxury Suite and was telling my fiancee while opening the Titanium, “we’re looking for a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins rookie”. Sure enough removed the front base card, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins true rookie #82/93. Thanks dacardworld.

25. Nic Platt February 25, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

The best pull i ever got was a Signed/Patch of fielder and cabrera. Being a huge tigers fan this pull was totally awesome!!

26. Chad Prosser February 26, 2013 at 9:33 pm #

When I was a kid, my dad would take me with him to the handi-market to buy milk and stuff. I would bug him to buy me a pack of whatever was on the shelf. They had a box of Fleer Premiere Basketball that I think nobody bought but me. We made enough trips over there to buy up most of the box. I never pulled the Jordan rookie out, but I did pull the Jordan rookie sticker. I was young and dumb and my friend ended up talking me into trading it a few years later for a hand full of cards. The card I can remember is a Steve Largent ’83 Topps card. Boy, If I knew then what I knew now…

27. Elijah February 28, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

I pulled an Ernie Banks the Greats Auto/relic #ed/5 from 2013 series 1. Best pull ever so far. so happy with it. I can’t wait to get it. It was a redemption so hopefully I get it soon. Also, it was my first ever redemption which was neat. I know a lot of people don’t like redemptions but it was fun to pull my first one. thanks.

28. Dex collects February 28, 2013 at 10:09 pm #

My best pull was from a hobby box I got in 2011 from Dave and Adams !! 2011 Heritage Hank Aaron red ink Real One auto redemption !! Honestly 2011 hobby from your store was so hot for me, it was a hard choice to put the best pull, had to choose between 2011 gypsy queen Miguel Cabrera auto jersey /25, Honus Wagner mini plate from 2011 Gypsy Queen and a 2011 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper auto refractor /2011 from Draft Picks !! Every great I pull I ever have gotten was from you guys proving you are one of the only trusted wax sellers on the net !!

29. JamesH March 1, 2013 at 8:41 pm #

I only bought 2 boxes of Garbage Pail Kids flashback 2. I pulled a Fred Wheaton sketch! I was and still am totally thrilled to have pulled it.

30. John Snelling March 2, 2013 at 2:21 am #

I just recently pulled a 2013 Topps “In The Name” letter “E” patch of Derek Jeter. Sold it for a nice sum on EBay.

31. martin March 5, 2013 at 11:15 am #

pulled a trilogy triple clearcut auto /10 of gordie howe / alex delvechio and ted lindsay and in the next pack i pulled a crosby gemography :) one of my best day in hobby

32. Tom March 5, 2013 at 8:33 pm #