Toll Free: 1-888-440-9787 Monday - Friday 9 am - 7 pm, Saturday 12 pm - 5 pm EST

What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

DACWPullsBlog-Long

We love seeing our customers pull awesome cards. Whether it’s a rare autograph or something they’ve been wanting for their pc, it doesn’t get much better than excited customers, especially if we helped them to further enjoy the hobby.

Many customers share their pulls with us via email (collecting@dacardworld.com), at the Dacardworld facebook page, at the Dacardworld Google + Page, and on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #dacwpulls.

Every Friday we like to feature a few of the hits that have been submitted throughout the week right here on our blog. Tomorrow will be no different as we have some awesome cards to show off.

Today we wanted to give you a chance to share your “best pull” of all time and give a randomly selected winner a $50 Gift Certificate in the process.

Here’s how to enter:

Comment on this blog post with your “best pull” of all time (doesn’t have to be from us), as well as why it was the best – maybe it was obvious that the card is crazy valuable, or maybe it was your favorite player.

We’ll select a winner at random tomorrow afternoon, who will then receive a $50 gift certificate for Dacardworld.com

And for our customers – don’t forget to keep sharing your #dacwpulls as we often times hook up those who share their pulls from Dacardworld purchases with gift certificates.

And the winner is…

Thank you to everyone who told us what the Best Card They Ever Pulled was. There were some great stories submitted on our blog and we loved reading them all. Congratulations to David H. who was randomly chosen as the winner!

Dave and Adam's Card World

About Dave and Adam's Card World

Dave and Adam's Card World is one of the largest sellers of trading cards and collectibles in the world. Located just outside of Buffalo NY, the company operates five retail stores as well as the e-commerce website www.dacardworld.com

282 Responses to What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

1. Michael Kulczycki February 21, 2013 at 6:31 pm #

** Am resubmitting this because of wrong email I submitted earlier.

Autographed Joe Montana (#24/25) Super Bowl Legends card from 2011 Topps football was my best pull ever!

2. Donald February 21, 2013 at 6:34 pm #

1 pack of 2010 Certified Pulled a Jim Brown Jersrey Auto 1/25 and Sam Bradford Auto Jersey 1/25 at local shop

3. Dave M February 21, 2013 at 6:39 pm #

Andrew Luck Autograph from 2012 TOPPS MAGIC.

4. Tracy Collins February 21, 2013 at 6:42 pm #

My best pull ever was a LaMichael James Topps Platinum Jumbo Swatch Auto Green Refractor. I was talking about that exact card a few days prior and then pulled it out of a rack pack from Walmart!

5. travis a February 21, 2013 at 6:53 pm #

a couple weeks ago, bought 2 boxes of 2012 panini playoff contenders, and the top pack of the first box looked weird to me, i layed it to the side opened all the others, i was throwing away the opened packs when i remembered i layed a pack to the side, my wife opened the pack and screamed ANDREW LUCK AUTO!!! MY BEST PULL EVER… OR MY WIFES BEST PULL EVER….?

6. Jeff Kane February 21, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

I was at a sports shop at an outlet mall a few years back and bought a few assorted packs (one of this and one of that). My one pack of topps treasury basketball produced the one per box rookie autograph of Derrick Rose!!! Not bad for one pack.!

7. Dan Morlock February 21, 2013 at 6:59 pm #

Tom Brady Bowman rc. My dad bought the pack for me at the 09 Nationals, the guy he got it from was the only dealer there with any 2000 stuff. Dad bought the last 5 packs he had and i hit it on the first pack.

8. Bart S February 21, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

2005 Upper Deck Update triple auto of Nolan Ryan, John Smoltz, and Jeff Niemann numbered to 10. 2 out of three’s not bad.

9. David Baker February 21, 2013 at 7:07 pm #

My best pull was a 2001 SP Authentic Tiger Woods Autograph rookie. They were 1 in every 6 cases, so I almost fell on the floor when I saw it.

10. Josh February 21, 2013 at 7:10 pm #

2012 Fleer Retro basketball Lebron Precious Metal Gems Jersey number 006/150!

11. chris February 21, 2013 at 7:13 pm #

the best card i have ever pulled was a don cheery bobby orr trilogy see threw card.

12. Adam Bomb February 21, 2013 at 7:15 pm #

I pulled a redemption from the 2001 American Pie of a relic from Jimi Hendrix! I am still waiting to receive it from Topps……….

13. Tyson February 21, 2013 at 7:15 pm #

It’s tough to pick the best pull of my life. It could be the Jonathan Quick SPGU Net Cord I hit on NHCD. It could be the Gretzky quad JSY I pulled from a cheap blaster one Sunday morning while my wife slept. It could even be the string of YG luck I’ve had with purchases of single packs at Walmart. Tavares, Duchene, Marchand, Nugent-Hopkins, Skinner Eberle; all from single retail packs.
    I’d have to say though, that the honour belongs to a card most deem worthless. 1991-92 ProSet Niklas Lids from RC. I was 7 and it was my first RC pull. I still have that card as the cornerstone of my collection two decades because the feeling I got that day when I was 7 is exactly what this hobby is about. No pull since has felt like that one.

14. Brett B February 21, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

Pulled a 2011-12 Panini Preferred Basketball Kobe Bryant Silhouette Autograph Jersey #/49. Sick card of my favorite player!

15. Matt W February 21, 2013 at 7:32 pm #

2004 Fleer Ultra Passing Kings Triple Auto #/50 Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Archie Manning. It was pretty sweet to pull the card. It was a redemption at the time. I waited 8 long months and it finally got delivered. I was shocked when I seen it’s beauty in person. On card autos in bold blue ink. It was also pretty cool that all 3 were Manning Family.

16. Obaidah bitar February 21, 2013 at 7:34 pm #

My favorite pull was a kyrie Irving auto…. It’s was my last pack and I was anxious…. Then I got the on wood auto from triple threads

17. Rob H February 21, 2013 at 7:36 pm #

Its been a very long time since I have made a good pull of any kind….but pulled a Michael Jordan Topps Chrome Refractor from way back in 2001! Best pull I have had…needless to say, I don’t have much luck!

18. Jessica D February 21, 2013 at 7:40 pm #

My best pull I’ve pulled was from a 2010 Allen & ginter retail box. There was a redemption for an auto of Stephen strasburg. Best card I pulled from a box purchased from DA was redemption for auto relic double combo book from topps triple threads FB 2012 of luck, rg3, tannehill, oswieler, weeden and foles!!!

19. Sergio C February 21, 2013 at 7:58 pm #

2011-2012 Sp Authentic Lebron James autograph. This was a card I pulled back in December 2011. It was my return to card collecting since I stopped back in my childhood days. It was my first hobby box since then. Being that it was Christmas time, I was eager to open this box that offered 3 hits! When I opened the pack and saw a Lebron James autograph, I was blown away! Since then, I’ve been collecting again and waiting for another big pull!

20. chris p February 21, 2013 at 8:08 pm #

panini prizm basketball kobe bryant auto 25/25.Besides it being a pretty valuable card, kobe has been my favorite player for a long time,so im glad i got to pull one before he’s out of the game which hopefully isnt for a while.

21. Greg February 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

1993 SP Derek Jeter Foil RC. Pulled it from a pack right before I left for college. Quite a send off!

22. Jay M February 21, 2013 at 8:19 pm #

you’ll have to bear with me as there’s a bit of a story behind this.

I had been a collector since I was a kid, hockey specifically, I collected up until my house flooded in 1996. All of my stuff was in the basement, cards, memorabilia, everything. And seeing as how it was a sewage backup and there was literally 3 feet of sewage floating around in my basement, nothing was salvageable.

Fast forward to 2012, SP Authentic had just been released and for some odd reason I itched to bust a box just for fun. grabbed the last one they had on the shelf and waited until we got home to open it. Opened 23 packs with mediocre results. The last pack however was awesome. The big box hit was a redemption, but still a pretty sweet redemption none the less. Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur, JS Giguere SOTT Triples.

Best card I’ve ever personally pulled, and it was the card that reignited my love for the hobby

23. James taylor February 21, 2013 at 8:23 pm #

At the flee market my wife noticed a basket under an old mans table, all unopened packs, $10 later its mine. 1 pack of 2001 topps pulled a George Brett golden auto bv$300 thank you wifey;)

24. Jesse L February 21, 2013 at 8:25 pm #

Shaq Topps statdium club Beam Team

25. Al K February 21, 2013 at 8:29 pm #

It was a 93/94 Score redemption for Alexandre Daigle. This happened when I got my youngest daughter interested in card collecting. We were at a show, I let her pick a pack and voila. She felt special that day.

26. Vince February 21, 2013 at 8:43 pm #

Best pull ever was this year….bought a case of 2012 Limited Football from this site and hit a Franco Harris Auto #’d /10….I almost fainted …im a huge steeler fan and he was my dad’s favorite player and since he introduced me to him i have been amazed by him.

27. Mick from oz February 21, 2013 at 8:47 pm #

in a Upper Deck hot box (i got from DA card world) i pulled a Derric Rose Softmore sensation Auto card!! i also pulled from the same box a UD spokesmen Auto Redemption card of Kevin Garnet But it had expired.

28. Doug Carling February 21, 2013 at 8:48 pm #

Pulled a 2002 Tiger Woods Auto, that graded a BGS 9.5. Was the last box during a National Trading Card Day in 2002. I picked it up about 5 times and put it back and started walking away. My wife says ‘Are you sure you dont want that box’, so I pick it up and buy it. Good thing my wife has a 6th sense.

29. Stephen February 21, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

Bryce Harper rookie auto from Bowman Chrome, not much else but my 10 year old was super excited about this one!

30. Joe Mello February 21, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

2000 Fleer Tradition George Brett 3000 Hit Club jersey (of 445). Not a low number or autograph but I’m a Brett fan so this was big for me, especially since memorabilia cards were not really as easily available as they are now. Plus, I really liked the design of those cards at the time. Ultimate pull for me.

31. Carl Burke February 21, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

2012 Bowman Chrome Autographed Yu Darvish Red Refractor Rookie Card from a box of prospects and draft picks purchased at your Sheridan store.

32. Stephen Dixon February 21, 2013 at 9:19 pm #

The best card I’ve ever pulled was from 2011 Panini Gold Standard; a sweet Tim Tebow autograph with 14k gold! And it was numbered 1/10!

33. George February 21, 2013 at 9:28 pm #

I pulled a Andrew Luck on card auto out of 2012 Contenders.

34. Brady February 21, 2013 at 9:33 pm #

Best card I ever pulled was a 2012 Gypsy Queen Hank Aaron auto. Best ever b/c it’s Hank Freakin Aaron! I screamed like a 4yr old.

35. Michael Martin February 21, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

I pulled a holographic Stanley Cup way back in early 90′s – it was the rarest card I pulled at the time and although not as valuable, it hooked me into cards, something I now past onto my son! …And that is priceless!!! :)

36. Jen R February 21, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

I pulled a Topps Finest Red Atomic Rookie Autographed Robert Griffin III Die Cut Rookie card 2/10. It was the first box of football cards I ever bought and it got me hooked into cards again. I hadn’t dabbled in the hobby since I was 10 years old and in love with baseball, the Cleveland Indians and Cory Snyder to be more specific. Cards have changed a lot since 1988!

37. Shane.K February 21, 2013 at 9:59 pm #

1991-92 Pinnacle B – Mario Lemieux. Pulled it out of a 7-11 convenience store pack. I consider this the first real insert set in hockey cards, and i love the black and white style.

38. Sean February 21, 2013 at 10:00 pm #

2012 topps platinum RGIII autographed printing plate.

39. eric vargo February 21, 2013 at 10:09 pm #

I pulled a ’05-’06 Sidney Crosby Ultra Scoring Kings jersey auto 7 of 20. On the same day I pulled a ’08-’09 SP Game Used Triple Significance Martn Brodeur, Marc Andre Fleury, Carey Price 1 of 10. I’m a Penguins fan so this was an amazing set of pulls with an amazing value.

40. Drake Dewyea February 21, 2013 at 10:12 pm #

To me my best is a Bobby Orr auto I just pulled a few months from a pack of UD Ultimate Collection.

41. SwamiLee February 21, 2013 at 10:13 pm #

My best pull, hands down, out of 2 boxes of 2012 Topps Archives, a Griffey autograph redemption and…a Hank Aaron buyback 1969 autograph #d to 5. Without a doubt, the 2 best EVER for me!

42. terry m February 21, 2013 at 10:21 pm #

last year we opened a #20/25 Montana Super Bowl Legends from Topps 2011.. This year we got a A. Luck Press Pass Gridiron Graph #68/99..

43. Geoff Burke February 21, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

Best card I ever pulled was a Wild Card Jerome Bettis 1000 stripe rookie. Yeah I know the card isnt amazing now but in the early 90′s that was a awesome card for a 12 year old to pull. Pulled it at Chads Grand Slam in Hamburg. It was a good day.

44. Mike Tyacke February 21, 2013 at 10:43 pm #

I pulled a 6 colour path #2/3 Of Ichiro In 2008 Triple Threads Baseball(Amazing colours )

45. Troy S February 21, 2013 at 11:39 pm #

Foil Aurelia, the Warleader, made me instantly want to built a Boros deck with her and Gisela!

46. Tim Reeves February 21, 2013 at 11:46 pm #

Best card ever pulled – 2009 SP Legendary cuts Joe DiMaggio!

47. Jim Wystrach February 22, 2013 at 12:49 am #

the best card i think i’ve ever pulled was a 2011-12 Sp authentic college Pride auto 9/10 of Michael Jordan!

48. @25Whitney February 22, 2013 at 12:59 am #

My best ever pull all time was out of a box of 2007 limited my husband got me on black friday. I opened it Christmas morning and pulled a Red Grange Cut Auto /5. Beautiful card! After that box I opened the 2010 spx he got me (from here) and it had a super six scripts auto (6 wr autos on 1 card), Clay Mathews Auto and an AP shadow box card in the box! Best day ever! Dave and Adams has amazing boxes!

49. kris February 22, 2013 at 1:10 am #

i got a box of american idol from dave and adams and pulled an adam lambert autograph a hanson brother autograph a colin kaepernick autograph and a 1/25 jonas the monster prime jersey in all in the shipment.

50. Ty February 22, 2013 at 2:21 am #

My best pull was actually from the Inuyasha trading card game. Sesshomaru (David Kaye) autographed card numbered 77/170.