Call Now: 1-888-440-9787  Monday - Friday 9 am - 7 pm, Saturday 12 pm - 5 pm EST

What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

DACWPullsBlog-Long

We love seeing our customers pull awesome cards. Whether it’s a rare autograph or something they’ve been wanting for their pc, it doesn’t get much better than excited customers, especially if we helped them to further enjoy the hobby.

Many customers share their pulls with us via email (collecting@dacardworld.com), at the Dacardworld facebook page, at the Dacardworld Google + Page, and on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #dacwpulls.

Every Friday we like to feature a few of the hits that have been submitted throughout the week right here on our blog. Tomorrow will be no different as we have some awesome cards to show off.

Today we wanted to give you a chance to share your “best pull” of all time and give a randomly selected winner a $50 Gift Certificate in the process.

Here’s how to enter:

Comment on this blog post with your “best pull” of all time (doesn’t have to be from us), as well as why it was the best – maybe it was obvious that the card is crazy valuable, or maybe it was your favorite player.

We’ll select a winner at random tomorrow afternoon, who will then receive a $50 gift certificate for Dacardworld.com

And for our customers – don’t forget to keep sharing your #dacwpulls as we often times hook up those who share their pulls from Dacardworld purchases with gift certificates.

And the winner is…

Thank you to everyone who told us what the Best Card They Ever Pulled was. There were some great stories submitted on our blog and we loved reading them all. Congratulations to David H. who was randomly chosen as the winner!

Dave and Adam's Card World

About Dave and Adam's Card World

Dave and Adam's Card World is one of the largest sellers of trading cards and collectibles in the world. Located just outside of Buffalo NY, the company operates five retail stores as well as the e-commerce website www.dacardworld.com

282 Responses to What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

1. Josh Burnes February 21, 2013 at 4:38 pm #

Believe it or not my best pull was a 1955 Bowman Jerry Snyder. I know this card is not worth much and the condition is not that great. However, I found this card in a floorboard in the attic of a house that my great grandfather built. How it got there? I don’t know. Who did it belong too? I don’t know. None the less it is definitely a PC card.

2. Dan Older February 21, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

I bought a pack of 86/87 Fleer basketball about 10 years ago and hit a Clyde Drexler RC he is the nicest guy I ever met and my favorite player.

3. Sean Cuthill February 21, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

I want to say my Wayne Gretzky rookie card but that is from 1979 and we didn’t call it a ‘pull’ back than. From the last few years, I would have to say my 2010-11 Certifed Immortals Mirror Green #4/5

4. Derek February 21, 2013 at 4:40 pm #

My favorite pull was from Upperdeck , It was a 1/1 Babe Ruth Film piece.. It was just very cool!

5. Raf Wroniewicz February 21, 2013 at 4:40 pm #

2012 Bowman Chrome Soler autograph, nothing special but my favorite prospect right now. And it was from you guys in case that gets me bonus points, lol.

6. Joseph Reynolds February 21, 2013 at 4:42 pm #

I would have to say that the best pull that my wife and I have had was a 2012 Topps Finest BB Bryce Harper Jumbo Patch Auto card /99. My wife was the one that opened it out of 2 packs we ordered. Ever since then she has been known as the “card ninja” in our house.

If it wasn’t for her supporting me and finding great cards like that, neither of us would be collecting :)

Joe…

7. Jay Cowan February 21, 2013 at 4:43 pm #

Ozzy Ozbourne auto from razor inkworks vault 2010

8. brian February 21, 2013 at 4:45 pm #

08-09 opc premier claude giroux 1/1 patch auto rookie

9. Young Kim February 21, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

The best card by far that I pulled was a Shaq Frequent Flyer insert from 97Hoops. It was my first BIG pull, worth over $30 bucks on Beckett when I pulled it. I’ve since pulled a Kobe HRX Auto, Durant HRX, Nick Toon Auto Superfractor, Andrew Luck Crown Royale RPA /49, Kobe GS Auto, Julius Irving SPx Auto and a lot of other HUGE hits, but the Shaq is still my favorite.

10. Dave Shimp February 21, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

Back in 1991 my wife sent me out to pick a couple of things from the convenience store. I bought a single pack of 1991 Upper Deck from the local WaWa along with her stuff and pulled a Hank Aaron Baseball Heroes Auto. It was awesome. On the card and hand numbered. First time I had ever pulled something that cool and still have not duplicated that feat or feeling.

11. Thomas R February 21, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

The best card I ever pulled was a 2011 finest jacoby ellsbury die cut xfractor /10!!! I pulled this from my FIRST EVER HOBBY BOX a little over a year ago and I was amazed! I didn’t even quite understand how lucky I was since it was my first hobby purchase!

12. Dustin Broostin February 21, 2013 at 4:49 pm #

I have 2 huge pulls in my 20+ years of collecting. Back in 2009, I bought a box 2008 Triple Threads football and pulled a Matt Ryan triple patch emerald auto #/75. I ended up selling it and making a nice profit over what I paid for the box.

As a life long Vikings fan, I have been wanting an AP auto. A buddy of mine bought 5 boxes of 07 Aspire, hoping to pull an AP auto, himself. I offered to buy the box for a little more than he paid. About 6 packs in, sat an AP auto!

13. eric February 21, 2013 at 4:49 pm #

11 Artifacts Rick Nash Authentic Jersey , never collected cards till i saw box breaks on ebay i decided because my grandparents live in Ohio Ill pick Columbus Blue Jackets , got the link to watch my break first pack he broke when he said Rick Nash Columbus Authentic Jersey i got goose bumps been hooked ever since … i now have a local card shop i got to and you site i look at world of card collecting is AWESOME

14. Shawn Welker February 21, 2013 at 4:50 pm #

Maybe not the best, but the Contenders Cracked Ice Andrew Luck auto /20 drew a lot of oohs and aahs during my break a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing, too, btw. I love new breakers. Fun & Affordable Group Breaks on FB. :)

15. Jason Cooper February 21, 2013 at 4:51 pm #

My best pull has to be The Derek Jeter Sp Rc. Buyback auto #d93 From the 2010 Upper Deck Sp Retail Pack! Was so Stoked to see that!!!!! I pulled it the year they won the world series!

16. Bob Sirtak February 21, 2013 at 4:52 pm #

The best card my daughter and I ever got was in a break. We had the Astros…The guy pulled a Nolan Ryan auto with patch…Never got the card..The guy said he was keeping it…I have been fighting with Ebay ever since…My last time doing breaks with anyone!!! My daughter cried!

17. Tim Smith February 21, 2013 at 4:52 pm #

As far as value, probably Adrian Peterson Topps DP&P Chrome Refractor RC. But pulled a 2013 Topps Andrew McCutchen Cut to the Chase insert the other day. Pretty sweet card for a Pirates fan.

18. Gavin February 21, 2013 at 4:53 pm #

Pulled the Product chase card out of the first finest UFC product! Pulled a 1/1 booklet auto of Georges St. Pierre! Amazing card. Made a ufc website too

19. Art Viaud February 21, 2013 at 4:53 pm #

In a matter of days in 2010 I pulled both variations of the Sam Bradford Contenders auto RC’s from the same LCS.

20. Ted Dastick Jr. February 21, 2013 at 4:56 pm #

My favorite player is Will Clark, been collecting him for around 25 years now to the tune of somewhere over 3,000 unique cards.

Back in 1996 Donruss Signature came out at *gasp* $10 a pack! I figured I HAD to give it a shot at least once, so I grabbed a pack at Kmart (they sold them in blister packs) and out of the massive checklist, guess who I pulled? To this day, I still can’t believe I pulled it! To heck with your Ruths and Mantles, this is easily the best card I could have ever pulled.

21. Stan February 21, 2013 at 4:57 pm #

2011 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor Stephen Strasburg auto. Very cool!

22. Scott miles February 21, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

Geez, I can’t pick between these 2,

2010/11 playoff contenders: Rookie of the year contenders gold auto – John wall /49

&

2012/13 kyrie Irving HRX

23. Charlie Edmonds February 21, 2013 at 5:03 pm #

The best card I have ever pulled was a Bryce Harper auto patch,from USA baseball,#’d to 99.I also have 2 other Bryce Harper auto’s from USA baseball.I think he’s gonna be one of the great one’s( I hope).I love collecting and have been collecting for over 30 years.

24. Justin Fowler February 21, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

I have pulled a lot of case hits from one box orders from you guys. My favorite is hard to say, but I would choose between the 2010-11 Elite Black Box Basketball where I pulled a Black & Blue Signature of Bill Russell #’d 10/10 or the Rookie Hard Hats clear acetate auto I pulled of Russell Wilson #’d /99. I love that guy.

My favorite local hobby shop pull with be the 2011-12 Preferred Basketball of Ty Lawson’s Silouhette Prime. It’s a beautiful card. The booklets are why I bought Preferred to begin with. Nothing is better than great used memorabilia.

I could list several more. I always love buying boxes because you never know what you’ll get. It’s like Christmas!! Lol.

25. Mr.Freedom February 21, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

2000-01 Topps Chrome Basketball Final Piece Game Jersey Refractor

Ron Harper hand numbered 2 of 10 – okay… it is not the best hit … Shaq might have been better but Ron has won a couple of Championships, too…

It was a box from Dacardworld. ;-)

Never again had such hot hands… perhaps in the future??? Who knows?

26. Ben Rhoades February 21, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

Favorite pull was a Scott Rolen autograph from Upper Deck! He is my favorite player and its a sweet auto.

27. Mike Ashley February 21, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

Wayne Gretzky auto out of 09-10 Ultimate SP on card auto

28. Bob W. February 21, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

2000 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch Dual Auto of Jerry Rice and Randy Moss

29. Matt P February 21, 2013 at 5:14 pm #

2000-2001 Ray Bourque/Peter Forsberg Dual Jersey /25

30. Stan February 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

The best card I ever pulled was 2008-09 SP Authentic Derrick Rose Auto Patch RC (001/299), because it was a jersey numbered card.

I sold it pretty soon after pulling it, and now regret not hanging on to it until he had his MVP season.

31. CASEY JONES February 21, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

2010 BOWMAN PLATINUM STEPHEN STRASBURG AUTO RELIC CARD

32. Jason S. February 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

From the inaugural Topps UFC series, I pulled an Anderson Silva autograph card! The money I received from selling it allowed me to buy quite a few boxes of cards.

33. Juan Medina February 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

My Barry Sanders SCORE 1989 ROY Card, I’m still in shock about that one!!!

34. Jeff Miller February 21, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

When I lived in Wisconsin I use to go to this shop called Dugout little expensive but the owner Rick is a awesome person always gave me free packs. I never pulled anything out of a free pack except rookie base cards. One day I bought $50 worth packs pulled nothing so he gave me 2 free packs last 2 packs of Donruss baseball first pack nothing at all second pack I started to scream Rick owner said what did u pull I still could not believe it a 1/3 Babe Ruth piece jersey and bat card book value was $300 at the time I needed the money so I sold it for full book value . I called Rick about a month ago bought few cards over phone because I no longer live in Wisconsin he still has the card personal collection and I asked what is it worth because it was so low numbered hard put a price on it but he says he was offered $1.500 for it and he refused sell it. I regret selling it but need to do what u need to do to survive in this world thank you Jeff.

35. sean February 21, 2013 at 5:32 pm #

The BEST card i’ve ever pulled was from an accidental xmas gift that my mom got me . when she thought that she had bought me the complete set of 1993 topps baseball cards when in fact, it was only the series one , it turns out , i still pulled a derek jeter RC .

36. Steven Prochet February 21, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

2007-08 SPX MJ and DR. J auto /25. Why its the best, its my first and only MJ auto plus.

37. scott February 21, 2013 at 5:51 pm #

Topps 2011 Triple Threads white whale David Wright 1/1. Mets are my team and Wright is my all time fav.

38. Edward Staniorski February 21, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

Just pulled a beautiful Puis Calzado sketch card of Aura Sing. Huge fan of Star Wars and love GF series of cards

39. Bill February 21, 2013 at 6:00 pm #

I would have to say out of 10 11 sp game used I pulled the the Sidney Crosby jersey auto /87 pretty sweet looking card

40. Daniel Outlaw February 21, 2013 at 6:03 pm #

The best card I ever pulled was a 97-98 EX2001 Grant Hill Jambalaya insert card.

41. matt hall February 21, 2013 at 6:04 pm #

best card i ever pulled has to be a john stockton, karl malone dual auto /3 from sp game used. i forget the year though

42. craig o'donnell February 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm #

late nineties, I know, going way back,.opened a pack of upper deck and pulled a no. 23/23 game floor autograph Michael Jordan.

43. Mathew Romphf February 21, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

I pulled a Derek Roy card out of 2013 Artifacts with a jersey,3 colour patch and auto,best part got #4/8

44. David February 21, 2013 at 6:07 pm #

In 1978 after opening pack after pack, I finally pulled a Reggie Jackson All Star Card. I discovered baseball during the 1977 World Series and Reggie immediately became my favorite player and still is to this day. Still my favorite card of all time.

45. FLAVIO NARDELLI February 21, 2013 at 6:13 pm #

The biggest pull I ever had just happened last week I bought 2 boxes of the Big Bang Theory Season 3 & 4. On the first box I was down to my last 2 packs and when I opened the next to last pack I Pulled the autograph wardrobe card of KALEY CUOCO as PENNY. I was so excited that she was my favorite character in the show and never pulled one of the main characters of the show. I also heard that it was a very rare pull. Also in the same box I pulled 2 wardrobe cards whch you suppose to get one. One was a Sheldon shirt card and a dual wardrobe card of Rajesh snd Leonard. That was the best pulls I had for awhile.

46. Alex Garcia February 21, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

Russell Wilson slideshow auto!!!

47. Nick February 21, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

1997-98 Pacific Cramer’s Choice Wayne Gretzky. I bought one of those variety boxes from Kmart and out of a single pack of 1997-98 Pacific with all the cards stuck together, I could see the triangle diecut within the middle of the stack. The stack easily separated to unveil the Gretzky. At that time it was the single best card out there and still my most memorable hit

48. Chris L February 21, 2013 at 6:21 pm #

Crosby The Cup Rookie card

49. David Hartman February 21, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

Easy, I was ten years old and in my first pack of 1975 topps, I pulled a George Brett (saved all my cards obviously). By the way, my first pack was 1969 topps baseball !

50. Craig O February 21, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

Andy Van Slyke Topps Fan Favorites auto. Van Slyke has been my favorite player since I started collecting in ’88. I have every single card of his (including odd-ball issues and regional issues) from during his playing days, and it was awesome pulling an on-card auto (that I didn’t have to mail to him to get) on a nice new, great looking card!