Toll Free: 1-888-440-9787 Monday - Friday 9 am - 7 pm, Saturday 12 pm - 5 pm EST

What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

DACWPullsBlog-Long

We love seeing our customers pull awesome cards. Whether it’s a rare autograph or something they’ve been wanting for their pc, it doesn’t get much better than excited customers, especially if we helped them to further enjoy the hobby.

Many customers share their pulls with us via email (collecting@dacardworld.com), at the Dacardworld facebook page, at the Dacardworld Google + Page, and on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #dacwpulls.

Every Friday we like to feature a few of the hits that have been submitted throughout the week right here on our blog. Tomorrow will be no different as we have some awesome cards to show off.

Today we wanted to give you a chance to share your “best pull” of all time and give a randomly selected winner a $50 Gift Certificate in the process.

Here’s how to enter:

Comment on this blog post with your “best pull” of all time (doesn’t have to be from us), as well as why it was the best – maybe it was obvious that the card is crazy valuable, or maybe it was your favorite player.

We’ll select a winner at random tomorrow afternoon, who will then receive a $50 gift certificate for Dacardworld.com

And for our customers – don’t forget to keep sharing your #dacwpulls as we often times hook up those who share their pulls from Dacardworld purchases with gift certificates.

And the winner is…

Thank you to everyone who told us what the Best Card They Ever Pulled was. There were some great stories submitted on our blog and we loved reading them all. Congratulations to David H. who was randomly chosen as the winner!

Dave and Adam's Card World

About Dave and Adam's Card World

Dave and Adam's Card World is one of the largest sellers of trading cards and collectibles in the world. Located just outside of Buffalo NY, the company operates five retail stores as well as the e-commerce website www.dacardworld.com

282 Responses to What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

1. Dave Karpinski February 21, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

My best pull came from three extra packs that I purchased from you last year. It was a Bryce Harper Bowman Platinum Autographed Refractor number 221/399. I always have always had bad luck in terms of pulling cards from packs but I got a smile after this one. Thanks

2. L. Corricelli February 21, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

Bought one pack of 98-99 UD Hockey at 7-11 and pulled a Wayne Gretzy jersey card. This was back when the odds were 1:1500 packs for a jersey. I was super happy as the only other GJ I’d seen was one at a card show and it was a Vanbiesbrouck.

3. Viking Pat Sloat February 21, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

Lou Gehrig, SP, 1 of 1 Black Printing Plate from 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball

4. Lee Brown February 21, 2013 at 3:34 pm #

My best pull was a 2011 Panini Gold Standard SOLID GOLD Redemption 1/1 of Aaron Brooks pulled out a box from DAVE & ADAMS!!

It took a year to get the card from panini and by then i had moved away from basketball collecting so I sold it. But for that one moment, to know I had pulled something no one else had, was just way too cool.

Thanks again, Dave & Adams!!!

5. Adam Kritzberg February 21, 2013 at 3:35 pm #

Topps Olympics Lolo Jones GOLD Rainbow Auto 1/1! from a blaster box @ Target — was shocked when I turned it around & saw 1/1 stamped on the back!

6. Matt Chenoweth February 21, 2013 at 3:35 pm #

I am 36 and all my cats from when I was a kid got ruined in a flood in NC. I said I would not collect again. I stayed in 2012 again and now am booked for life. My best card was my first 2011 panini gold standard Cam Newton Auto #rd to 25. He is my favorite player. My allot of my retail pulls where great also topps platinum trent Richardson die cut #rd to 50.

7. Ron Borczyk February 21, 2013 at 3:36 pm #

2003-2004 – In the Game Used -International Experience -Mario Lemieux 1987 Cnanda Cup jersey (Canada Red in color) . Mario is still a true hockey hero!!!

8. Ryan February 21, 2013 at 3:36 pm #

Best card was a Matt Ryan auto 5/5 from 2011 timeless treasures ordered from your site a few weeks ago!

9. Joseph Popp February 21, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

Wen’t to my local card shop and purchased 4 packs of cards 2 Sweet Spot baseball and 2 2009 Upperdeck. I thought pulling a Sweet Spot black leather glove auto of Derick Jeter was the highlight only to land a redemption for a Mystery Cut Auto from the Upper Deck packs.

Few months later received a 1/1 Cut Signature of Bringham Young! Epic Day indeed.

10. James February 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

I had a 1986 Topps pack that was all Randy Johnson.

11. nick minshell February 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

89 upper deck griffey rc. I was 6 and it was the height of card collecting :)

12. Eric Rhodes February 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

My favorite card pull is a 1999 Score 10th Anniversary John Elway autograph numbered to 150.

13. Evan D February 21, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

I have been collecting since I was a kid in the late 80s. Amazingly enough, as I think back, I have never had a crazy good pull. I had fallen out of collecting for a few years as I went through college and money was tight. However, last year I got the itch again with all of the Allen & Ginter talk. I bought two boxes from DA Card World in the presell and waited for the delivery. The day they were delivered I cracked them over my lunch and hit an Arnold Palmer auto. Loved the pull, he is all class and I also had met him as a kid at a local golf tournament. Kind of took the thing full circle for me….still get as excited as an adult cracking open a pack as I did when I was a kid all those years ago.

14. Eric Clarkson February 21, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

I bought the Panthers in a 6-box football break with TeamBoxBreak. One of the boxes was 2011 Topps Triple Threads. The second pack had a 1/1 Pigskin Parallel Auto of Cam Newton. BOOM!

15. Dan Robison February 21, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

Always love buying hobby boxes. So I was at a local shop and had not pulled the auto that was promised. Well the last card in the last pack was Bryce Harper rookie auto. To this day t’s still worth $400. Best card thus far and I have no plans of slowing down. Also love your shop and everything you offer.

16. Antony Lin February 21, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

I haven’t had the best of luck with cards despite collecting for many years. I’m going to say my best one was a Brett Favre autograph redemption card. A few weeks later the actual autograph card was in my hands!

17. Sean Watko February 21, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

Jackie Bradley 1/1 black status Auto out of 2011 Elite Extra Edition my favorite product!

18. Matt L February 21, 2013 at 3:47 pm #

The best pull I ever had was my Russell Wilson Leaf Valiant rookie autograph #’ed out of 99. I bought it from Dacardworld over the summer and was pumped when I pulled it. I knew he’d be a great rookie and an awesome quarterback.

19. Jacob Tokle February 21, 2013 at 3:48 pm #

Gear Gigant X out of a return of the duelist special edition :D

20. David Hodges February 21, 2013 at 3:48 pm #

Tops Signature Eli Manning 1 of 1 rookie auto jersey

21. Rareluck February 21, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

My best pull ever was in 1997. I pulled a Topps Finest Dan Marino gold Embossed Refractor. At the time it book $800.00 And Marino cards were on fire!!! I ended up trading it for a boatload of stuff :)

22. Colbey Hopper February 21, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

My best pull actually just came from a pack of 2011 Panini Timeless Treasures football that I got from D&A…rookie auto of J.J. Watt #’d 02/10.

23. Justin W. February 21, 2013 at 3:56 pm #

Dwight Gooden rc, 1985 Topps. I was ten years old and he was my favorite player…I even got to seem him pitch in the Astrodome. Christmas morning, I opened some packs and pulled his rookie card. I’ve had some great pulls recently with triple threads and tier one, but nothing beats the excitement of being a kid and finding your favorite player’s rookie card in a wax pack.

24. Michael Bartosiak February 21, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

I don’t buy high dollar product so I’ve not had a super 1 of 1 pull or anything like that. I have gotten some material cards but to be honest, my best pull was when I was 7 or 8 years old. I lived in South Florida and I can remember riding my bike with a friend or two about 8 miles to the All-Star Video store that happened to sell baseball cards. I can remember buying 5 packs of 1983 Topps with several weeks of allowance money. Being a Redsox fan, I was missing a rookie in my team set, some guy named Wade Boggs. I got to my last pack and yes! a Boggs card. I had so few cards that was worth a dollar or more. I was even more ecstatic later on when we found out how good a player Mr. Boggs was. Later on in life, I was glad this card was not near the gum, so no gum stain!

25. Michael Kulczycki February 21, 2013 at 4:05 pm #

Autographed Joe Montana (#24/25) Super Bowl Legends card from 2011 Topps football was my best pull ever!

26. Jacob K. February 21, 2013 at 4:05 pm #

Couple months ago when I pulled a Bobby Orr UD canvas card. Was the first box I had ever opened and to pull something like that was just something special considering I am a huge Bruins fan.

Thanks for the first box D&A

27. Greg B February 21, 2013 at 4:06 pm #

I’ve got a very limited budget for my basketball card collection at the moment (i.e. if I want a particular card at the moment I have to sell or trade from my existing collection), but had a few spare dollars a couple of months ago and picked up a 10/11 Upper Deck North Carolina pack. I was happy to fine a Larry Brown autograph in the $6 pack, the first auto I’ve ever pulled! :)

28. Jesse Ecklund February 21, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

this was two weeks ago i had sold my AP dual patch auto #5 that i had won in a raffle i had gotten just enough to buy a box of 2012 playoff contenders the day before the price jumped up i had opened the box knowing the risk of sell that beautiful card knowing i had the chance of getting nothing out of the box in return well im glad i had the owner of my lcs hold my phone to film me opening the box it was in the 7th pack LaMichael james auto i know not that big but i am a ducks fan from portland oregon i turned the card over to see if it was numbered not only was it numbered it was numbered 1/1 biggest pull of my life i was almost in tears i bught this box for myself as a early 18th birthday present haha i couldnt be happier with my choice i do miss my AP but i am happy with the james haha thanks for the contest Dave and Adam haha

29. Andrew February 21, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

A Sting autograph from an old WCW Nitro box

30. Jake barker February 21, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

Best pull was a warren spans 1/1 relic

31. Chad Stroud February 21, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

2004 Finest football, pulled a Ben Roethilsberger autograph refractor #/199. Took it to the national a couple years ago to get graded and it came back 9.5.

32. Chris Gallagher February 21, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

My best pull was either a Shawn Kemp autographed Sign of the Times card from a hobby box of 2010-2011 Sp Authentic (purchased from dacardworld!) or a Gino Marchetti auto from 2006 Topps Heritage pulled from a retail pack!

33. Devin Hudson February 21, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

When I was 11, my Uncle (then 32) was big into collecting baseball cards. He has always been my life idol and I wanted, and still do, want to be just like him. I saved up three weeks worth of my allowance and brought it to the local card shop to buy one pack of 2004 Donruss Elitle Extra Edition. The third card in the pack was a Phil Hughes /100 Red die-cut auto. I was so happy because that was the best card in the set at the time! If I remember correctly, it was worth about $300 which was alot to a 11 year old! That was a day I will never forget!

34. Ken Fortin February 21, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

Best card ui ever pulled was from 2013 Topps Baseball Series 1
    A Buster Posey World Series Champions Autograh / Jersey card 03 / 50 !
    Patch was 3 colr that looked like it was part of the lettering from the Jersey Front !
    Great Looking card !

35. Matti Harju February 21, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

My best pull so far is 2010-11 ARTIFACTS AUTOGRAPHS BLACK #151 PATRICK KANE /5

36. Adam Frank February 21, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

2012 Topps Football Super Bowl Legends Franco Harris Rainbow Auto 1/1…..it was sick

37. Vince Dunlap February 21, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

My best pull ever was a Derrick Rose “Modern Marks” on-card autograph from 11/12 Panini Past and Present Basketball. I was so happy when I pulled it because it is obviously pretty valuable, one of my most valuable cards easily, and Derrick Rose is my favorite NBA player and the main spotlight of my basketball card collection. So, that was a very happy and memorable moment the day I pulled that card.

38. Brannon Baxley February 21, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

When I was younger I pulled a sweet Ken Griffey Jr. Statistical Standout from 1995 Leaf. The card looks and feels like a baseball and is still one of my favorite cards. Thanks

39. Brian R. February 21, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

My best pull ever could be the Spectrum auto of Derek Jeter or the dual auto of Whitey Ford and Yogi Berra I pulled from a random pack of 2004 UD Yankees Classics at a local Hobby Shop. But it isn’t, it is from my childhood. The year was 1984. I was 14 and my dad dropped me off at the local card show. I had been saving all my tips from my paper route to buy a 1984 Donruss box in hopes of finding a Don Mattingly RC as he was my favorite player. I got about halfway through the box when EUREKA there it was. I was so happy. I felt goosebumps going up and down my body. So for me the 1984 Donruss Mattingly my greatest pull ever and the only card that will ever top that would be if my son ever was on a card and I pulled that.

40. James Stewart February 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

I am an enthusiastic Wayne Gretzky collector. I buy/trade any of his hockey cards, base/inserts/jerseys/patches/autographs, if I do not have the card. I will go out of my way to obtain it. I keep the card number and description in an Excel program, which I have downloaded onto my recently purchased iPhone, allowing me to check my list for cards to ensure I need a particular card. I get very excited when I have the chance to trade/buy a Gretzky autograph, if I can afford it!!! At the Toronto Expo in November 2011, I pulled a Wayne Gretzky autograph redemption from a box of 2011-12 Parkhurst Champions, imagine my excitement!! I was on a cloud for the remainder of the weekend. I received the card a few moths later. Although it is not serial numbered the Upper Deck web site indicates the print run as /10. I still get excited when I think of it. All my other Gretzky autos I bought or traded. This card is extra special to me.

41. steve emerick February 21, 2013 at 4:24 pm #

My favorite.
    Well it all started with a Beckett issue in 2001 maybe Ichiro was on the cover and it previewed a new Topps release called Topps Tribute Baseball and It had a picture of a Franchise Figures card featuring bat slices of Ruth and Gehrig in diecut 3 and 4.

None of my local shops would dare carry $50 a pack stuff (and in 2001 it was very commonplace)

So I ordered two packs from an online dealer.
    Received the two packs and ripped into them. First pack got a honus wagner bat card! second pack I thumber the cards and spotted a blue card and the big letter “F” I just knew I had the card. I set the pack down without looking and left to buy a screwdown brick to put it in. At the shop buying the screwdown, my bud told me that there were all kinds of yankee franchise figures, he had seen some at the last weekend show, that it wasnt necesarily ruth/gehrig.

Longest drive home in the world!

Walked upstairs opened the screwdown and prepared for the worst.

BUT.. when I got to the card and slid back the base..

[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/stevescards/nft/Baseball%20nft/DSC02742.jpg[/IMG]

gehrig/ruth it was!

42. Dan Loy February 21, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

Peyton manning boss hog autograph out of 1998 playoff ssd–nice card signed on football on card..was 1st of kind back then,,sold a few yrs later-wish I had”nt!!

43. Dave Swadling February 21, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

in comparison to the other posts this will probably be the odd one out but I pulled a 2009 NRL Jonathan Thurston Captains sig once,

44. Justin Blackburn February 21, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

My best card pull is a recent one from a box of 12-13 Panini Threads basketball where I got a Anthony Davis die cut jersey autograph. What made it even better was the box was free!

45. Greg Woronchak February 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm #

Best card I ever pulled was a 10/11 CUP Crosby Stanley Cup jersey auto 1/1.

I sold it to help pay the bills (big sigh). I miss it quite often…..

46. Steve S. February 21, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

A Jerry Korab auto. He was my dad’s favorite player growing up. His childhood collection got ruined from attic mold about 10 years prior and we pulled the card in the 2nd pack we bought.

47. gerald Winters February 21, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

2011 Topps Football. I went to my local hobby shop with only $6 bought 3 packs, and in the 2nd pack was a redemption for an Aaron Rodgers autographed Ring of Honor card. My best Pull ever

48. Daniel Roof February 21, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

My favorite pull of my life time was a very nice Game used patch card from 10-11 Dominion of Mario Lemieux.. This is the very card that made me start watching hockey and also start busting more Hockey wax. Very happy this card came into my collection :)

49. Alex W February 21, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

my best pull was a kevin durant auto /25 from a box of 09 10 ud draft edition basketball that i got from here. I’m a kid, so that was a huge it for me!

50. Kevin Pongratz February 21, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

I actually have 2, and I got both in the last month.
    First one was from 2012 Panini Crown Royale and I pulled a Rookie Silouette Patch/Auto /299 of Andrew Luck!
    Second was from D & A’s card store just about a week ago with 2 tins of 2011 Panini Timeless Treasures and pulled a Cam Newton 1 of 1 Rookie Recruits NFL Shield Patch!
    By FAR my 2 best cards!!