Call Now: 1-888-440-9787  Monday - Friday 9 am - 7 pm, Saturday 12 pm - 5 pm EST

What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

DACWPullsBlog-Long

We love seeing our customers pull awesome cards. Whether it’s a rare autograph or something they’ve been wanting for their pc, it doesn’t get much better than excited customers, especially if we helped them to further enjoy the hobby.

Many customers share their pulls with us via email (collecting@dacardworld.com), at the Dacardworld facebook page, at the Dacardworld Google + Page, and on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #dacwpulls.

Every Friday we like to feature a few of the hits that have been submitted throughout the week right here on our blog. Tomorrow will be no different as we have some awesome cards to show off.

Today we wanted to give you a chance to share your “best pull” of all time and give a randomly selected winner a $50 Gift Certificate in the process.

Here’s how to enter:

Comment on this blog post with your “best pull” of all time (doesn’t have to be from us), as well as why it was the best – maybe it was obvious that the card is crazy valuable, or maybe it was your favorite player.

We’ll select a winner at random tomorrow afternoon, who will then receive a $50 gift certificate for Dacardworld.com

And for our customers – don’t forget to keep sharing your #dacwpulls as we often times hook up those who share their pulls from Dacardworld purchases with gift certificates.

And the winner is…

Thank you to everyone who told us what the Best Card They Ever Pulled was. There were some great stories submitted on our blog and we loved reading them all. Congratulations to David H. who was randomly chosen as the winner!

Dave and Adam's Card World

About Dave and Adam's Card World

Dave and Adam's Card World is one of the largest sellers of trading cards and collectibles in the world. Located just outside of Buffalo NY, the company operates five retail stores as well as the e-commerce website www.dacardworld.com

282 Responses to What Is The Best Card You Ever Pulled?

1. Kenny Hemler February 21, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

2012 Topps Gold-Embedded Al Kaline (1/1)

2. Travis Craig February 21, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

It was 1999 and I stopped by the shop in town and picked up a couple packs of odds and ends and and remember one pack of Score. I would normally open them up in the store but was running behind plus I spend more if I stay at the shop so just took them to the car and busted them. I open the 1st pack and pulled a Barry Sanders rookie reprint auto. It couldn’t have been a better hit in the set that year and the odds were crazy. I ran back into the shop to show it off and even think the owner sent it in as the pull of the month to Beckett. That is still the best card I have ever pulled to date.

3. Michael Travers February 21, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

My best pull actually was form boxes purchased through the D&A website. From a box of Upper Deck Draft Basketball, I pulled a Michael Jordan autograph /23

4. Steven February 21, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

On the last day of 2012 National Collector’s Covention I bought a box of 1991 Stadium Club Football and pulled 3 Brett Favre Rookie Cards. Best box I ever bought

5. Erik R February 21, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

2011 Tier One Sandy Koufax Auto

6. TONY HILL February 21, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

2012 BOWMAN STERLING BRYCE HARPER STERLING CARD #1/1 REDEMTION . STILL WAITING FOR IT FROM TOPPS

7. kornelius malone February 21, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

a 2008-09 upper deck radiance derrick rose au standand auto.

8. Kevin Dougherty February 21, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

The best car I ever pulled was a Ken Griffey, Jr. autograph out of a box of 1996 Upper Deck SPX I picked up from your guys’ scratch and dent store last summer. Not only was it an amazing pull for the name alone and the odds of pulling the card (1:2500 packs), but he was such an inspiration to me growing up. It’s rare you get an athlete of his stature, with class to match.

9. Joel February 21, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

My wife had the best pull of all time; I just merely supplied the box. She is a big fan of The Big Bang Theory show on CBS. When Cryptozoic announced they were doing Seasons 1 & 2 of the show, I had to get a couple of boxes.

Those two boxes were duds in terms of the autographs pulled. Nevertheless, I went to a local comic store a few weeks later and found a fresh box of BBT 1&2 and bought all the packs. In the second to last pack, the wife pulls the Jim Parsons / Sheldon Cooper autograph! I don’t think I have ever pulled anything that huge from a sports card box in my life!

This has to be, by far, our biggest pull ever!

10. Jeff February 21, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

The best card I ever pulled was a 2006 Fleer Ultra Campus Classics Paul Hornung Auto #13/25. Box purchased from DA Card World!

11. Brent Clark February 21, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

In 2010 I pulled a Taylor Hall Young Gun Exclusive RC /100 out of a box of Upper Deck from that I bought from Dave & Adams.

12. Eric McLean February 21, 2013 at 2:54 pm #

A long time ago when Upper Deck first started I pulled the Ken Griffey Jr RC out of 89 pack

13. chad m February 21, 2013 at 2:55 pm #

2003 sp authentic Hideki Matsui blue ink autograph

14. Andy Markle February 21, 2013 at 2:55 pm #

Andrew Luck 2012 Topps Platinum patch/auto S/N #ed out of 25!

15. John Osborne February 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

2011 Topps Mike Stanton “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” auto numbered to 60 from a Target rack pack!

16. William Coley February 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

My best pull? I purchased a few packs of 2005/06 Parkhurst hockey from Dave and Adam’s Cardworld and pulled an eight piece relic card of the Boston Bruins! :)

17. Nate February 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm #

My best pull was probably this year. I opened about 8 packs of Topps Chrome and pulled a Robert Griffin Tall boy Auto /15.

18. Lance Miller February 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm #

2011 panini timeless treasures emmitt smith card#110 platinum autograph 1/1. Bought 1 box!

19. Dave W February 21, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

This:

Should be pretty self explanatory. Doesn’t hurt that I am a huge UNC fan and was definitely on the MJ bandwagon in the 90s (what kid wasn’t?)…

20. jason mears February 21, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

2012 Topps Derek Jeter and Cal Ripken Jr dual bat card #ed to 50. Greatest card of the 2 best shortstops in the game.

21. Drew February 21, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

2012 topps tribute hot box! From 1 box- Joe DiMaggio game used bat, Brian mcann printing plate auto, mark trumbo auto, frank robinson auto & to top it off a Hank Aaron Buyback (1954) on card auto numbered 48/100! It was a great day!

22. Jacob joyner February 21, 2013 at 3:01 pm #

Nolan Ryan 1 of 1 sketch card topps Museum

23. Zak S February 21, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

2011 Joe Greene Playbook Accolades Auto 14/49

It wasn’t a crazy card to pull, and wasn’t crazy valuable, but it was one of my dads favorite players when he was younger. I was able to give it to him as a birthday gift, shortly after I pulled it and he was simply floored. He was never into card collecting but pulling that card, it sure got his attention. He will buy packs every so ofter, hoping to pull something again.

Love the Hobby!

24. Matt Gilman February 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm #

My best pull was my sons box of Upper Deck football 2009 we got from you guys. He was so excited to pull his first auto card. Even though it was Early Doucet seeing the excitement was enough for me

25. Marty luczak February 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm #

Happened about 3 months ago I pulled a /15 2 color wheel patch of Brendan Smith auto from titanium. Just so my son wasn’t jealous on my way out of the transit store I grabbed 2 packs of 12/13 black diamond. Owen my son is a famous Thomas Vanek fan so when he pulled his auto outa the packs it was worthy of a holding card face smile pic. What was weird was when I was when I was about to snap the pic his hand started shaking & his eyes opened wide. It was holding it up when he noticed the 1 of 1 on the back. The picture was priceless. Unfortunately I lost it. But a 12/13 black diamond Thomas Vanek auto 1/1 for the worlds biggest Vanek fan.

26. Sean Dickerson February 21, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

My best pull was back in 2003, and my best pull was a redemption card. It was from UD Authentics. At the time, Upper Deck was inserting redemptions for full size autographed items. I had literally just told a guy about these awesome cards when the first pack I opened had a redemption for a Larry Bird Full Size Mitchell and Ness autographed jersey. I about had a heart attack, it retailed for $700 on their website at the time. I redeemed the card and it is framed on my wall to this day.

27. Nick Hohler February 21, 2013 at 3:06 pm #

I was busting a box of 2012 Bowman Draft with my Wife. We typically dump the packs up and split them 12 and 12. However, when we dumped them out of the box there was a HUGE pack of cards. My wife instantly spotted it and knew better than to grab it and open it (smart woman), so I grabbed it and openend it and pulled a 1/1 Futures Patch Relic Card of Gerrit Cole!!!!! I was SO HAPPY………It gets better too! I asked my wife to hold it up, so I could take a picture of it with her. She obliged and I took the picture, but she had NO idea that I would tweet about it and Topps would retweet it to ALL of thier followers. Needless to say, she was horrified (especially since she just woke up from her night shift of nursing).

28. Ricky Jimenez February 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

The best card I ever pulled was a 2005 UD Dual auto Michael Jordan – Kobe Bryant /25. From SP Authentic!

29. Lane Pierce February 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm #

Just recently started back the hobby and have not opened too many. Bought a box of the Big Bang Theory Seasons 3&4 and pulled a Danica Mckellar autograph card. It’s the one autograph I wanted besides the main cast, so I was very happy to pull a Winnie Cooper…

30. Paul mccabe February 21, 2013 at 3:13 pm #

Wayne Gretzky autograph from upper deck

31. Joey G. February 21, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

Actually just on Tuesday I stopped at the Dave and Adams store and decided to spend my gift card I got. I decided to buy a box of hockey cards named Pinnacle 2010-11 and it really surprised me after opening half of the packs and getting nothing special I then picked 2 packs to open next. I opened the first pack and found a Mike Fisher Game-Worn piece of his jersey. Then, now being excited I opened the next pack and found a similar card with Pascal Leclaire’s Game-Worn jersey! Although I don’t specifically like any of those players being a big Sabres fan I still thought it was pretty awesome to have 2 consecutive packs with rare cards in them.

32. Jessica Marie Valadez February 21, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

Andy Dalton 2011 contenders on card auto

33. Philip Chyka February 21, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

I pulled a 2010 Bowman Chrome Stephen Strasburg Blue Refractor Non Auto.

34. Mike Elchuck February 21, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

I had two epic pulls back in 1999, In a 6 week period I opened a box of 1999 UD Encore at a local shop and pulled a second year 1/1 of Peyton Manning. The second one was at a card show in Mansfield MA that was bought from Dan and Mike Souto, from RI. It was a 2000 Donruss Elite Throwback Threads dual autograph patch /50. Now a days these hits are not as tough as they were back then. For a recent pull I have a Olivia de Havilland 2011 Famous Fabrics Ink Hooray for Hollywood 1/1 Cut Auto, and a Bobby Orr 2011/12 O-Pee-Chee Signatures Update Autograph odds of hitting those are 1 in 100,000 packs for a Level A. There are 10 different level A signatures making this one a 1 in a million pack hit.

35. luis a rivera February 21, 2013 at 3:18 pm #

Naruto: set 27 4th hokage. Bought a box and it was in the 2nd to last pack.

36. Kajetan Matuszewski February 21, 2013 at 3:18 pm #

The best card I’ve pulled is Andre Drummond gold Prizm 02/10. I sold it for 500$ !

37. John Harvey February 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm #

The best card I ever pulled was the ELIJIAH MUHAMMAD / MUHAMMAD ALI dual cut autographed card from a 2012 Leaf Cut Signatures Hobby Box. I actually bought that box from the dacardworld website. Awesome!

38. Barry Scott February 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm #

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Quad Cuts 1/1 Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner and Walter Johnson. Sold it, and never regretted it. The Ruth and Johnson cuts ended up being questionable, and the buyer worked out an agreement with Upper Deck. Here’s one of the articles about it: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2341577

39. matt deagle February 21, 2013 at 3:20 pm #

First hobby box I ever opened was 2007-2008 topps echelon basketball on Christmas morning a couple years ago. Being from Boston getting a Celtic was my ultimate goal. Second pack I opened I pulled a Larry bird dual relic autograph gold #ed to 25. My hands shook when I pulled arguably the greatest Celtic ever.

Ps. The next pack was a magic Johnson auto, I was the happiest 13 yr old in the world.

40. Dan Delong February 21, 2013 at 3:20 pm #

Best card I have EVER pulled was a 2012 Bowman platinum Auto Jumbo relic #’ed to 50 Bryce Harper! Beautiful signature and three colors on the jersey piece. Best card I have. Period!

41. Brian JNBFootball Stewart February 21, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

2004 skybox le hobby pack, Barry Sanders gold draft jersey 01/25..

42. Rob C February 21, 2013 at 3:22 pm #

All time favorite pull is a 2001 Topps Heritage Bobby Thompson auto.

43. Daniel February 21, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

My best pull was a Strasburg 1/1 rookie printing plate out of 2010 Topps Chrome. I couldnt believe I pulled a 1/1 let alone the best player in the set. Needless to say I still have the card almost three years later and its still one of my favorites. Go Nationals!

44. Samuel Breniman February 21, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

I don’t think I’ll EVER beat my best pull. It’s that good!

Back in 2008 right around August, I went in to the local card store to pick up a few packs. Nothing major, no boxes or anything like that. Just a few packs to break on the weekend. I can’t remember everything I got, but I know I had some 2008 Upper Deck, and some 2008 Donruss Classics among others. I was pondering doing a live break online for some reason, and I really with I had. Out of one of the packs of Classics came this:

I’d never pulled a cut autograph before, and I loved the idea of it. So I first noticed that I had a hit. Then I saw it was in fact a cut autograph. THEN, I saw the player and the numbering. And I freaked out completely.

I don’t think I ever imagined in my wildest dreams that I’d have an opportunity to pull a 1/1 auto of a player like Jim Thorpe. Never even crossed my mind. But crazy things do occasionally happen!

In what may be the weirdest part of this story, the box of Classics had been sitting there, half-opened, for a LONG time. The number of people that walked right by this card blows my mind.

45. Jason Stoner February 21, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

My best pull of all time was from 2011/12 SP Authentic Hockey and it was a Sign of the Times 5 Auto Card SOT5-OSIX Bobby Orr – Jean Beliveau – Bobby Hull – Alex Delvecchio – Red Kelly

46. jesse valadez February 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm #

1991 kayo Arturo Gatti rookie not Worth a lot but big fan

47. steven walker February 21, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

my best pull was years ago from actually of all places a walmarts i bought a blaster of press pass football and pulled a 6/25 adrian peterson red ink auto walmart edition was shocked and is still my favorite pull till this day

48. Dave M February 21, 2013 at 3:29 pm #

A Lebron James Autograph

49. Gre Ferguson February 21, 2013 at 3:30 pm #

2001 Rookies and Stars Slide Show Albert Pujols. Auto, Jersey, and SN# to 100

50. Kevin February 21, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

For me it is a 2 way tie. When I was 10 I pulled a Ken Griffey Jr. Rookie #1 out of a pack of 1989 Upper Deck 3rd card down, slabbed it with a protector bought from the store immediately afterward, and have kept it since. Then, just a few weeks ago, from a box of Harry Potter Memorable Moments 2 bought at Dave and Adam’s Card world, I pulled a C9 Double Costume Card of Cho Chang and Hermione.